> Careers > User Interface Designer
User Interface Designer
This person will be
focused on designing the next generation of user interfaces for
the Fortex real-time suite of securities trading applications on
Windows and Web applications. The designer will work with the product
management and development teams to design and build innovative
interface designs with the aim of creating an easily understood,
dramatically improved Fortex user experience.
- Drive GUI and interaction design from conceptualization
through prototyping to the implementation of final product.
- Create application design layouts, user interface graphics,
icons, color schemes and infrastructure. Ensure a consistent look
and feel across product modules.
- Research and evaluate UI designs of competitor and related
products and technologies. Determine best practices and design patterns.
- Prepare detailed UI specification documents that clearly
describe the layout, navigation, and interaction of all elements
in screen designs.
- Run design reviews and perform usage walkthroughs with
key stakeholders and representative users.
- Communicate design principles and processes to product
management and developers using a collaborative, flexible approach.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing user interfaces
for software products, with at least 2 years developing UI for Windows
- Portfolio available for review.
- Solid expertise in the practical application of user-centered
- Proven track record in applying user-centered design processes
and methods to product development.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and
visual communication skills. This position requires an outgoing
creative personality as well as technical excellence.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field.
- Familiarity with financial markets a plus. UI design experience
at a bank, brokerage or investment firm desirable but not required.
To apply for jobs, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(no phone inquiries).